Notifications from Twitter are mostly helpful but can sometimes become annoying, learn how to Stop Twitter Email Notifications easily.
Twitter needs no introductions, with more than 317 million monthly users it shares the top spot with Facebook.
Twitter is used by almost everyone from little kids to complain about their homework to big brands and companies to promote their products and services. And then there are people like us who try to promote our blog and hopefully drive more traffic.
If you are thinking why would someone wanted to turn off & Stop Twitter’s Email notification well you know how things work inside Twitter. It’s fairly easy process; you follow someone to see their latest tweets and updates. Similarly others follow you to get your latest updates based on common interests.
Twitter regularly sends your email notifications when someone Follows you, Retweet you, Mentions you or Likes your posts.
It is quite happy moment at first to check your mail and find 5-10 Email notifications from Twitter. But the pain starts one day when you start finding 500 Email notifications from Twitter every day.
Doesn’t matter if its new followers or more retweets anymore, starts getting super annoying right? It’s not just you, I’ve been there and that is why you must know How to stop & Turn off Twitter Email Notifications Easily so you can find the emails that actually matters.
When you first sign-up on Twitter by default all email notifications are active, but you can modify and update your email preferences easily.
Continue reading this tutorial to learn more about the steps you must follow to stop and turn off Twitter Email Notifications completely.
How to Turn Off & Stop Twitter Email Notifications
For those who don’t like reading step-by-step, here is the short version –
- Login to your Twitter account
- Click the small Profile Icon on the right and Select Settings.
- Select Email notifications from the sidebar.
- Uncheck the respective notification boxes that you don’t mails from.
- Click Save
And here is the full tutorial with supporting images –
1.Login to your Twitter account.
2. Click the small Profile Icon on the right and from the drop-down menu Select Settings.3. You can instantly stop all Twitter Email Notifications by clicking the Turn Off button at the top and Saving changes.
Now you won’t receive any emails from Twitter except important service announcements and administrative messages.
But it is not recommended to completely turn off all the notifications; you need some insight about your Twitter account. So it is better to customize the email notification settings to your liking and needs.
4.Twitter has categorized the Email notification into 4 sections for the ease of user. Each section has specific targets to send email notifications.
Activity Related to You and your Tweets
In the above image you can see the options to configure the email notification settings related to only you and your Tweets.
This simply means here you can control whether to receive Twitter email notifications when
- Someone liked your Tweets.
- Someone liked a Tweet in which you’re mentioned.
- Your tweets are retweeted.
- You are mentioned in a Tweet that was retweeted.
- Your Tweet got a reply
- You have a new follower.
- Someone from your address book joins Twitter.
Activity related to your Retweets
Remove checkmark next to this section if you don’t want to get email notifications about your Retweets
- Someone Likes your Retweet
- Your Retweets are Retweeted
Activity from your Network
This section focus entirely on your network, Top tweets and Recommendations. You have option to configure Twitter notifications for
- Top Tweets and Stories
- Activity updates on your network
- Your Tweet Performance
- Recommendations to connect with more people
Updates from Twitter
This is the last configuration setting; it mainly deals with Twitter promotional mail notifications, updates and so on. You can uncheck the following options here –
- News and updates about Twitter
- Suggestions to follow more people
- Tips to improve Twitter usage
5. Finally once you have decided and checked the notifications you want, click Save Changes button at the bottom and you are Done. You won’t be receiving anymore email notification from Twitter about your activity.
Although it is annoying to receive tons of Twitter email notifications that fill up your mailbox, you should not completely Stop Twitter Email Notifications unless you regularly check Twitter and Analytics.
It is vital you be updated with latest insights from your Twitter network for successful Social media campaign, so only remove checkmark next to those which are not important to you personally.
If you have very few Followers on Twitter then there are easy ways to increase them organically.
If you enjoyed this tutorial don’t forget to share it and leave your comments below.