Intex Aqua Ring is a pretty decent Android for the average user, if looking for secondary device or gift for parents then you are spot on.
Not all of us use the Android smartphones in a same way, some of us mainly use for just Calling, Checking social updates on Facebook, Whatsapp or Hike; then there is another set of people who are more into playing HD games and multitasking and modding.
So well let’s cut the chase, Intex Aqua Ring is not for the hardcore Android user; it is a pretty decent Android phone for the average user. If you are looking for playing HD games or Camera then back away you are going to be disappointed big-time.
What’s in the box?
- Intex Aqua Ring
- 2450mAh Battery
- Adapter + Data Cable
- Protection Cover
- Screen Guard
- Manual + Warranty Card
There is no reason to drag this review very long, let’s quickly see where the Intex Aqua Ring shines and where it gets weak.
Stronger Areas of Intex Aqua Ring:
- You are not going to find any other Android Smartphone for the price tag of just ? 3999/-, and specifications are very well balanced.
- The 5” inch HD display is very bright it’s not hard to read even under direct sunlight. Even though ppi is not very high, the vibrant and colourful display makes up for it.
- It’s packed with 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor which more than enough for average to moderate user.
- Intex Aqua Ring comes with Android Version Marshmallow 6.0 out of the box, that’s the latest version till date and its smooth and fluid software experience.
- The 2450 mAh battery is not the top class, but it’s more than good enough, it will normally last 1 to 1.5 days with moderate usage. And for average user it will probably last full 2 days. It is not fast-charging but can reach from 0 to 100% charge in less than 2 hours. Considering the cheaper price tag that’s acceptable.
- The Dual SIM slots, one being MICRO and one STANDARD, eases the transfer process a lot more with multiple options. It also sports a separate MICRO SD card slot expandable upto 32GB.
- The headphones are not cheap but amazingly very good, there is pretty decent bass, treble and crystal clear sound.
It goes weaker with:
- The rear camera is absolutely useless; even though it’s branded as 5.0MP, I felt it was worse than 2.0MP cameras.
- Surprisingly there is no support for USB OTG, which is a huge setback for watching movies while travelling.
- Considering the 4G revolution going on, it’s a bit of tragic to find 4G missing; otherwise it would’ve been another level.
- Being slightly heavy it maybe problematic on continuous long term usage if not noticed instantly.
- Missing the LED notification light is kind of a bummer considering the fact most Android smartphones these days comes with some sort of notification LED.
- After continuous usage for more than 4-5 hours there is a minor lagging with touch. And minor heating problem.
- Speakers are hidden at back side and can seriously silent the phone completely if it’s kept on soft surfaces like clothes or bed.
- There are couple of bloatware which are non-removable without rooting. And can possibly be head ache considering the RAM and ROM size on long term usage.
To sum it up, if you are looking for multitasking, or hardcore usage back away now; The RAM being just 1GB it is definitely not for the hardcore users out there like I stated at the start of this post;but the normal user wouldn’t notice a thing, it performs very well for its size. The ROM just 8GB out of which 4GB is system, leaving just 3.9GB for the user. Can’t complain for the price range, although it would’ve been better if there was little more. it lacks 4G support and USB OTG as well as the rear camera is really sad.
But Intex Aqua Ring is a great Android smartphone if you are a first time Android user,for its price range of just Rs.3999/-; it is targeted mainly for light to moderate users; it is a best gift for your parents and older relatives. It’s a decent gaming device as well. Even you can use it as a secondary device.
If you are tight on budget but still want a pretty decent Android device then look no further you’ve found your match.