Blogs are truly marvelous, they alone share quite a lot of Information and news these days. It is very rare to find someone who doesn’t own a blog today. Since blogs are not only used for sharing information but also for promotions and other resources. There are thousands of bloggers who earn good revenue out of it, some of them could even take it as a full time job.
Now naturally when you publish a new post, the most recent one will be at the top and the older ones will be pushed down. And as you add more and more posts the older entries will eventually be moved from the main page itself. Although these older posts are indexed in search engines and visitors can access it from the archives it will never be equal to the presence it may achieve if it was still in the main page.
Sometimes you may come up with an excellent post, something so powerful and valuable and better than the rest of your entries for some reason. What if you could place that post on top of your home page where it will get the maximum exposure. This kind of a post or entry that doesn’t move from its position is simply called as Sticky posts.
Now there is no doubt you’d want one for yourself too. Its quite easy and could be done in just mere seconds.
So these are the 5 easy steps for a Sticky post in Blogger :
1) Publish the post you want to be sticky
2) Click ‘Edit’ from the Posts Screen
3) Click ‘Published on’ and select the second option ‘Set date and time’
4) Enter a future date and select ‘Done’
5) Now just hit ‘Update’ and you got yourself a sticky post
Now you have successfully added a sticky post to your blogger, the idea is very simple, its just to make the post sticky till the date you entered.
Now if it is in WordPress then the process is even simpler :
1) Login to your WordPress Admin panel and open post page.
2) On the right hand sidebar, select visibility and click ‘edit’.
3) Just select the box ‘Stick this post to the front page’.
4) And hit ‘Publish’ and you are done.