If you are shooting blindly without any idea of How to get more Facebook shares and engagements properly you are just wasting time and money
If Google is the King of Search Engines then Facebook is the undisputed champion of Social media platforms with a whopping 1.18 billion daily users as of Sept 2016. But how many visits and shares are you getting from those 1.18 billion people??
How many times did your Facebook feed looked like an abandoned graveyard without any comments, Shares or Likes?
The problem is, not many know how to exactly dominate Facebook and use it properly. It doesn’t take a social media expert to do this, but anyone can do it; if you know how to get more likes and shares on Facebook.
With the rise of authority Social platforms like Twitter and Facebook, search engines now account the number of social signals to determine a page’s ranking.
That means more Shares, Retweets and Likes will obviously improve your rankings and benefit your SEO. It will help your messages to reach audiences you have no direct connection with.
Here are some tips to receive more shares on your Facebook page, photos, status and also to get more followers. These are very simple yet effective.
- 1 How to Get free Facebook Shares and Likes for your Posts
- 2 1. Optimize your Facebook Page Info
- 3 2. Keep it simple and short
- 4 3. Emotions do wonders
- 5 4. Show your presence and Be Active
- 6 5. Add Sharing buttons & Facebook Social Plugins
- 7 6. Just Ask
- 8 7. Eye-catching Image and Videos
- 9 8. Add CTA’s
- 10 9. Regularly Track progress and Use the data
- 11 Wind-up
Before you start the entire process, take a minute and check your own Facebook profile/page. Is it properly setup??
Partially filled social profiles are a big let-down and people are mostly going to avoid it. So it is vital you complete your Profile with relevant details and image.
Anyone who visits must be able to identify and connect you and your brand with your Facebook profile. Once you have completed that step, we can move on further…
1. Optimize your Facebook Page Info
Many times the only thing people are going to see is your profile picture, cover image and short description. So make sure your Facebook page is complete with all the details, catchy cover image and engaging description.
Try to fill out maximum details as possible and it will certainly help your page appear in Google & Facebook when someone searches for your brand, which will certainly increase your Facebook fans even more.
2. Keep it simple and short
60% of people never read Post description and Headlines entirely, so it is important to keep it simple as possible. If a person feels the content is worth sharing based on the Title and description he is probably going to share it believing it is a quality content.
But if the post has confusing or complicated titles they are going to avoid it instead of sharing.
A test by Buffer found shorter descriptions work better and results in 60% more engagement than large and medium types.
3. Emotions do wonders
Messages with emotional elements are 40% more likely to get shares and likes on Facebook. If you can trigger emotional effect on your audience with either images or Headings then you increased the chances of getting lot more Facebook love.
Curiosity, Amazement, Anger, Sadness and Happiness works like magic, people are forced to check it out and eventually end up sharing as long as it is not click-baiting.
4. Show your presence and Be Active
Go on Facebook at-least two times a day and when online engage with your friends and fans, make this a regular activity on Facebook. Join groups of your choice; never think twice about liking your friend’s pages.
Like the photos, status and other updates by your friends, help them connect with more people and they will return the favor.
This might seem like a simple step and many often ignore this process. But I witnessed a 60% increase in social sharing after I included sharing button on this blog. Nobody is going to visit each social media platform and share your posts manually, everyone is lazy; you and me.
But if you present them with an easy alternative, like a button to share it directly without much hassle chances are lot more of your reading will actually share it.
Make sure to not to include too many of those, if you provide with more than 5 social platform options your sharing rate will mostly go down. And never try to copycat another website.
It should depend on the type of site and its style, a recipe or fashion blog may find better success with Instagram while a Technology or business site will find Twitter and LinkedIn better.
6. Just Ask
Yes, it is that plain simple and improves your engagement rate by 30% or more. Most people are actually afraid to ask their audience, but sometimes people who came to read your post may have never bothered to think about sharing, but asking can actually get you more shares.
But there is a difference between asking and begging, never beg for shares it will make you and your brand look really cheap and bad. Simply asking once will do the trick if they have any intention to share it.
7. Eye-catching Image and Videos
It’s no secret; pictures on Facebook always get tons of love, shares and comments. But that doesn’t mean anything will simply work, try not to go with typical pictures.
Use eye-catching images that will pop-out and make people laugh, cry or think. Use a good combination of colors and filters to make your pic stand out from the rest and it will likely go viral.
Videos are also working best in Facebook, but make sure to keep a perfect thumbnail to draw more attention and get maximum engagement.
8. Add CTA’s
CTA or Call to Action always increases the engagement rate, irrespective of Facebook or Instagram it’s a solid working method. Simple and short CTA’s like “Share if you agree” often works well with a good question or statement.
9. Regularly Track progress and Use the data
You need to regularly track your progress but you don’t have to be online 24×7 to do that. Check your Facebook Insights and get a proper understanding how you performed, How many new Likes/Unlikes, new Shares, Reach and tons more.
Similarly you can use apps like LikeAlyzer to get even deeper insights and take proper actions. Buffer and Fanpage Karma can help you get better idea about the optimal times to Share a message according to your audience active time.
Keep tab on everything happening on Facebook; Tracked progress and data is useless unless you make use of it and take advantage of it. If certain tactics worked great, try to replicate it again and check if it worked this time.
- Shares are much more valuable than Likes on Facebook; shares can help you improve rankings in long run.
- Always post the right status. Make sure your post has the capability to entertain your friends. (Posting at two different times of the day is enough. Posting each and everything of your day will be annoying).
- Make your updates short and catchy, be it a breaking news, a sports update or about a new movie. Being simple but mind catching is the best way to get more likes.
- Don’t always post too seriously, try to make it simple and interesting and you will get more eyes.
- Learn to adjust your posts well to your activities. If you are posting a status of a hangout you made with your pals recently, try to add or tag all the people related to it or all your friends who are aware of your deeds.
- Including a call to action in your post such as ‘Leave a comment’ or ‘Share this…’ can be surprisingly effective.
- Do not be annoying and post the same message multiple times, posting 2-3 times a day is enough.
- Always make sure to track your progress and use it properly.
- Be thankful and take time to reply and comment to anyone who shared/commented your post. By giving some appreciation, your audience will more likely share/like your posts again in the future.
By following these tips you can easily get free Facebook likes and shares. Don’t forget to share this and leave comments below.