Tumblr Blog is all easy at first, so you continue using it for years. And one day you decide to delete something, then it gets confusing and complicated. Learn how to delete a Tumblr Blog from your account or Delete your entire Tumblr Account.
Delete entire account VS Delete just a Tumblr blog
The main difference is that you lose all your blogs when you delete your account, you also lose blogs which you are the only member. If you were member of some particular blogs, you are removed from them as well. As long as your Tumblr Account isn’t deleted you can create and delete as much blogs as you want.
But you can only delete your primary Blog on Tumblr by deleting your Tumblr Account.
How to Delete a Tumblr Blog
Okay so its clear, you made mistakes beyond repair and deleting the entire Blog is the only viable option. Here is the steps to Delete your Tumblr Blog.
- Login to Tumblr by entering you email and password.
- Click on “Account” icon. It is the person shaped icon at top right corner.
- Select the blog you want to delete from list.
- Scroll to bottom and hit Delete.
- You will get a confirmation prompt warning about consequences.
- Enter your login email and password, then click Delete.
Now your Tumblr blog is permanently deleted. But your account, themes, messages, likes and everything you posted are kept intact. You can continue using Tumblr without any problems.
How to Delete a Tumblr Account
Deleting a Tumblr Account will remove all the Blogs and everything associated with your account to be permanently lost.
- Login to Tumblr by entering you email ID and password.
- Click on “Account” icon at top right corner of screen.
- Choose Settings⚙️ from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to bottom and hit Delete Account.
- A confirmation prompt will popup warning about consequences.
- Finally enter your email and password to confirm, then click Delete Everything.
Now your Tumblr account and associated blogs, shares and everything is lost forever. Your Tumblr blog address is now free to claim for others. But if you sign up once again quickly enough, you may get it once more. But another user may claim it before you can get it.
Deleting Tumblr Account or Blog from a phone app is not possible, you can do these procedures from the web.
Deleting you Tumblr Blog or Account is final, you cannot recover it again. So be extra careful before you decide to delete either of them. If you’ve simply forgot your login credentials for Tumblr you can easily recover them using Forgot Password at the login screen.
That’s all for now folks. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends if you find it useful. Leave your comments below and I will try to answer your doubts.